The Alamo Regional Mobility Authority was established by a unanimous vote of the Bexar County Commissioners Court in December 2003 to bring needed relief to the increasing traffic congestion in Bexar County. It is overseen by a seven-member Board of Directors, including six members who are appointed by the Commissioners Court and the Chairman, who is appointed by the Governor.
- Similar to San Antonio Water Systems (SAWS), CPS Energy and VIA Metropolitan Transit, the members of the Alamo RMA Board of Directors serve fixed terms in office, representing officials elected by the voters of each precinct in Bexar County.
- All Alamo RMA directors meetings are posted, open to the public, and provide an opportunity for citizen comments on each agenda item, as well as during the Citizens to be Heard portion of the meeting.
- The Alamo RMA is the local voice for transportation in Bexar County and it is accountable to the citizens at every level.
- The Alamo RMA exists to work in partnership with the citizens of Bexar County to solve transportation problems quickly and efficiently.
- www.AlamoRMA.org (clicking on this link will take you to the Alamo RMA main website)